Job Opportunity | Accountant
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is looking for an English-speaking accountant in our secretariat in Kyiv to make sure the ‘engine’ in our organization works. We are looking for an efficient and proactive person with documented experience to help us with accounting and other administrative tasks. You will be part of strengthening our quite new organization and will work closely with the Administration Manager in Kyiv as well as coordinate with the Headquarters of the Danish Cultural Institute in Copenhagen.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate and support youth projects and activism across our countries. Since 2021 we do this through our activities and programs, through supporting youth organizations, and through our grants. The Youth House is formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- All payments and tax reporting are in line with Ukrainian legislation and Danish Cultural Institute project standards
- Prepare salaries and other staff-related documents
- Draft, collect and archive administrative and financial documents and contracts
- Саrrу out reporting to the tax office and other regulatory authorities according to Ukrainian law
- Support administrative processes related to i.e. travel, expense claims, reimbursements, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial reports according to the Danish Cultural Institute policies
- Prepare information required by auditors
- Ensure that all Ukrainian-Danish Youth House staff submit time registration
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finances, or similar
- Documented experience of at least 4 years with the implementation of tasks similar to those mentioned above
- Solid knowledge of local non-governmental and financial/accounting laws
- Excellent communication in the written and verbal form in English and Ukrainian
- Flexibility and ability to produce solutions to unexpected situations
- Experience working on international projects is an advantage
- Ability to work in a young and dynamic NGO-environment
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace based in Kyiv, where you will be part of the environment in the Youth House;
- Comfortable and brand-new premises in central Kyiv;
- Eight dedicated colleagues in an international environment;
- Work computer and phone;
- A possibility to work remotely for the time being;
- A one-year full-time position with the possibility of prolongation;
- Salary 900 EUR (net);
- Uniqa health insurance.
How to apply:
Send your letter of motivation (max. one page) and CV in English as separate files in an email to Director Julie Arnfred Bojesen at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is February 12th, 2023 at 23:59. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications will be handled according to the GDPR legislation.
Looking forward to meeting you!