Job Opportunity: English-speaking Junior Accountant at the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is looking for a Junior Accountant in our secretariat in Kyiv to optimize our administrative department. We are looking for an efficient and proactive person with documented experience to join our existing accountant with financial and other administrative tasks. As we are expanding with a Youth Hub in Mykolaiv, you will also be involved in setting up the financial structures of this office in cooperation with the team.
You will be part of a very dedicated team in an expanding organization, and you will also work closely with the Administration Manager in Kyiv as well as coordinate with the Headquarters of the Danish Cultural Institute in Copenhagen.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate, and support youth projects and activism across our countries. Since 2021 we have done this through our own activities and programs, through supporting youth organisations, and through our grants. The Youth House is formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- Payments and reporting in line with Ukrainian legislation and Danish Cultural Institute project standards
- Inventory management
- Keeping records of vehicle
- Help set up the financial structures around our local office in Mykolaiv
- Draft, collect, and archive administrative and financial documents and contracts
- Саrrу out reporting to the tax office and other regulatory authorities according to Ukrainian law
- Prepare monthly financial reports according to the Danish Cultural Institute policies
- Prepare information required by auditors
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finances, or similar
- Documented experience of at least 2 years of working with tasks similar to those mentioned above
- Solid knowledge of local non-governmental and financial/accounting laws
- Excellent communication in written and verbal form in English and Ukrainian
- Experience with Excel, Vchasno and M.E.DOC, BAS PROF
- Experience working on international projects is an advantage
- Ability to work in a young and dynamic NGO environment
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace based in Kyiv, where you will be part of the environment in the Youth House
- Comfortable and brand-new premises in central Kyiv
- 12 dedicated colleagues in an international environment
- Work computer and phone
- A possibility to work remotely for the time being
- A one-year full-time position with the possibility of prolongation
- Salary starting from 900 EUR (net)
- Uniqa health insurance
How to apply:
Send your letter of motivation (max. one page) and CV in English as separate files in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Accountant’.
The deadline for application is February 18th, 2024 at 23:59. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We encourage all relevant candidates to apply, regardless of gender and sexual orientation, background, physical abilities, religion, etc.
All applications will be handled according to the GDPR legislation.
Looking forward to meeting you!